Followers

Saturday 23 April 2011

Spoken word poetry(I am legend)

                                                                     I am Legend

Making a name is my greatest invention
It got Einstein puzzled
Drawing a plan for my life, I got the model
My invention
Inventing something that lives on forever
Got the key to eternal life, and better
I got my legend, not john
But the son. The name I strive to make
The Christ and if you feel your legend is boss
Wait till you meet the man who bled on the cross
He was wounded for our transgression
Bruised for our inequities
He didn’t die to save a woman and a little boy from a pack of zombies
But he died to cleanse the world from our sins
Salvation was passed on from generation to generation
So who’s really the legend
Rolling stone and New York times talk about men that were legendary
Men like Micheal Jackson, Tupac and Biggy
Rapping about the hood and how they came out of poverty
And into this life of prosperity
Painting a false picture of it unto the canvas of the ignorant
Making it seem like life is all about sex, money, cars,clothes and drugs
The tangible and totally ignoring the intangible things that live on forever
Morals, values, integrity
I hope I don’t come across as a preacher
In any way
But I have something to say
Jump high, jump low
I’ll say it
Cuz me I’m not a quitter
You all are welcome to follow
No twitter
So if anyone asks me who’s a legend
I’m not going say Kanye west
Notice I say it with so much emphasis
Huh
I’m not going to say that person
That it’s the man who got all the money in the world
But the man whose whole world is upside down
And still maintains his integrity
I’m not going to say the man who’s living out his fantasy
But the man who suffers for doing what is right
Not the man who’s got all the girls in the world
But he who he has one, and she means the world to him
I’m not going to say mahatma ghandi or napoleon
Or the last king of Scotland
But the king of kings
Lord of lords
Jesus Christ
And with his help
If anybody asks me who’s a legend
I’ll put up my L and say
With confidence
I am Legend



No comments:

Post a Comment